Welcome to the 2022-2023 season, Lyric Opera of Kansas City’s 65th season of outstanding musical storytelling. After two pandemic years and a reduced 2021-2022 season, we are thrilled to return to FOUR productions in the Kauffman Center next season.
Join us on musical adventures and travel to bull-fighting rings in Seville, elegant parties in Paris, the world of an extraordinary boy in Bethlehem, and finally, explore the life and work of Stephen Sondheim. All through the power of live performance that only opera can achieve, and most importantly, right here in your own Kansas City community. We invite you to join us and OPEN YOUR WORLD.
An Important Update regarding the vaccination policy for Lyric Opera performances at the Kauffman Center.
GIVE THE GIFT OF OPERA!
LOOKING FOR THE PERFECT GIFT? A LYRIC OPERA GIFT CERTIFICATE IS THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING!
Gift certificates are currently not available for purchase on our website, so please call Ticketing & Patron Services at (816) 471-7344. A gift certificate can be emailed directly to you or to the recipient!
Lyric Opera gift certificates are only redeemable towards single ticket, digital content and subscription purchases made through the Lyric Opera of Kansas City website, box office counter or phone line. They are not available for use towards tickets sold through the Kauffman Center.
Past Seasons and Performances
New Visions: 2020-2021 Season
- West Side Story, September 22 – September 30, 2018
- Madama Butterfly, November 3 – November 11, 2018
- Cosí fan tutte, March 16-24, 2019
- The Pearl Fishers, April 27 – May 5, 2019
- High Fidelity Opera, November 17, 2018
- Cabaret: Mack the Knife is the Man I Love, February 9, 2019
- Penelope, March 30-31, 2019
Main Stage Season:
- Eugene Onegin, September 30 – October 8, 2017
- Everest, November 11 – 19, 2017
- Rigoletto, March 3 – 11, 2018
- The Barber of Seville, April 28; May 2, 4, and 6, 2018
- Meet the Resident Artists, September 24, 2017
- Arias and Barcarolles | The Bernstein Songbook, October 14, 2017
- As One, January 27-28, 2018
- American Voices, March 24, 2018
Main Stage Season:
- Hansel and Gretel, September 17 – 25, 2016
- The Marriage of Figaro, November 5 – 13, 2016
- Dead Man Walking, March 4 – 12, 2017
- The Pirates of Penzance, April 22 – 30, 2017
- Meet the Resident Artists, September 11, 2016
- Schubert | Beatles, October 1, 2016
- The Juliet Letters, January 28 and 29, 2017
- American Voices, March 19, 2017