Announcing our 2020-2021 Season
Stay tuned for updates on additional programming.
THE (R)EVOLUTION OF STEVE JOBS
February 27, March 3, 5 and 7, 2021
THE STORY OF THE PERSONAL COMPUTER HAS NEVER BEEN MORE PERSONAL.
In a brand-new production as innovative as the man who inspired it, we explore the life of Steve Jobs, from hippie idealist to tech icon. How is it that a person whose devices have connected us in so many ways struggled to make meaningful connections with the people closest to him? Beneath the towering Silicon Valley legend is the story of a complicated human being whose personal demons had lasting consequences.
April 24, 28, 30 and May 2, 2021
IF YOU’RE NOT WRAPPED AROUND HER FINGER, CHECK UNDER HER HEEL.
Bizet’s feminist fatale is the kind of woman your mother warned you about—and secretly wanted to be. When Carmen is arrested by Don Jose, her passion is so potent that he lets her go, and follows her into a new life among smugglers and fortune tellers. After a tarot card reading foretells death, their romance becomes Fate’s first victim. Jealous and obsessed, Jose confronts Carmen. Will she make one more daring escape, or is her fate inevitable?
To address building occupancy restrictions and social distancing guidelines based on current information about the pandemic and its impact, Lyric Opera of Kansas City has concluded that it will not be possible to perform and has announced the cancellation of our fall programming at the Kauffman Center through the end of December 2020, Including La Traviata scheduled for Sept. 26-Oct. 4, 2020 and The Gershwins’ Porgy and Bess scheduled or Nov. 7-15, 2020. Stay tuned for updates on additional programming.
Subscribers for our 2020-2021 season will receive a credit to their accounts for the value of their tickets for cancelled performances. These credits can be applied to subscriptions to our 2021-2022 season and will be noted on renewal information when distributed. If you would prefer to discuss other options, please email email@example.com or call us at (816) 471-7344 by September 10, 2020. Our ticketing staff is available to help 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Thursday.
Past Seasons and Performances
- West Side Story, September 22 – September 30, 2018
- Madama Butterfly, November 3 – November 11, 2018
- Cosí fan tutte, March 16-24, 2019
- The Pearl Fishers, April 27 – May 5, 2019
- High Fidelity Opera, November 17, 2018
- Cabaret: Mack the Knife is the Man I Love, February 9, 2019
- Penelope, March 30-31, 2019
Main Stage Season:
- Eugene Onegin, September 30 – October 8, 2017
- Everest, November 11 – 19, 2017
- Rigoletto, March 3 – 11, 2018
- The Barber of Seville, April 28; May 2, 4, and 6, 2018
- Meet the Resident Artists, September 24, 2017
- Arias and Barcarolles | The Bernstein Songbook, October 14, 2017
- As One, January 27-28, 2018
- American Voices, March 24, 2018
Main Stage Season:
- Hansel and Gretel, September 17 – 25, 2016
- The Marriage of Figaro, November 5 – 13, 2016
- Dead Man Walking, March 4 – 12, 2017
- The Pirates of Penzance, April 22 – 30, 2017
- Meet the Resident Artists, September 11, 2016
- Schubert | Beatles, October 1, 2016
- The Juliet Letters, January 28 and 29, 2017
- American Voices, March 19, 2017