SOUNDSCAPES IN THE CITY
We’ve missed you Kansas City! We are excited to announce Soundscapes in the City, a series of short, outdoor concerts featuring local Kansas City artists singing hits from opera and musical theatre!
Stay tuned to our website, social media platforms, and email, as we continue to announce the upcoming programs dates and locations.
GIVE THE GIFT OF OPERA!
LOOKING FOR THE PERFECT GIFT? A LYRIC OPERA GIFT CERTIFICATE IS THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING!
Gift certificates are currently not available for purchase on our website, so please call Ticketing & Patron Services at (816) 471-7344. A gift certificate can be emailed directly to you or to the recipient!
Lyric Opera gift certificates are only redeemable towards single ticket, digital content and subscription purchases made through the Lyric Opera of Kansas City website, box office counter or phone line. They are not available for use towards tickets sold through the Kauffman Center.
Past Seasons and Performances
- West Side Story, September 22 – September 30, 2018
- Madama Butterfly, November 3 – November 11, 2018
- Cosí fan tutte, March 16-24, 2019
- The Pearl Fishers, April 27 – May 5, 2019
- High Fidelity Opera, November 17, 2018
- Cabaret: Mack the Knife is the Man I Love, February 9, 2019
- Penelope, March 30-31, 2019
Main Stage Season:
- Eugene Onegin, September 30 – October 8, 2017
- Everest, November 11 – 19, 2017
- Rigoletto, March 3 – 11, 2018
- The Barber of Seville, April 28; May 2, 4, and 6, 2018
- Meet the Resident Artists, September 24, 2017
- Arias and Barcarolles | The Bernstein Songbook, October 14, 2017
- As One, January 27-28, 2018
- American Voices, March 24, 2018
Main Stage Season:
- Hansel and Gretel, September 17 – 25, 2016
- The Marriage of Figaro, November 5 – 13, 2016
- Dead Man Walking, March 4 – 12, 2017
- The Pirates of Penzance, April 22 – 30, 2017
- Meet the Resident Artists, September 11, 2016
- Schubert | Beatles, October 1, 2016
- The Juliet Letters, January 28 and 29, 2017
- American Voices, March 19, 2017
In the face of this uncertain and unpredictable public health epidemic, we determined it was in the best interest of our patrons, our artists, staff, volunteers, and musicians to postpone the rest of the 2020-2021 season until we can best determine that they are safe for all concerned. The postponed performances include The (R)evolution of Steve Jobs scheduled for Feb. 27 – Mar. 7, 2021, and Carmen scheduled for Apr. 24 – May 2, 2021.
Subscribers for our 2020-2021 season will receive a credit to their Lyric Opera accounts for the value of their tickets for postponed performances. These credits can be applied to subscriptions to our 2021-2022 season and will be noted on renewal information when distributed. If you would prefer to discuss other options, please email email@example.com or call us. Our ticketing staff is available to help 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Thursday.
On July 7, 2020, we announced the cancellation of our Fall 2020 productions including La Traviata scheduled for Sept. 26-Oct 4, 2020 and The Gershwins’ Porgy and Bess scheduled for Nov. 7-15, 2020. Subscribers who did not request a refund or donated the value of their tickets by September 10, 2020 have received a credit to their Lyric Opera account.