The 2021- 2022 season opens with the Lyric’s return to the Kauffman Center with Lyric Opera Goes to Hollywood. Famous arias and instrumental moments from Opera frequently punctuate dramatic moments in opera’s favorite movies. Featured selections from films include Pretty Woman, Mission Impossible, and Up . Then, Lyric Opera’s new Kansas City holiday tradition with Amahl and the Night Visitors featuring Paul Mesner puppets will entertain families in the Michael and Ginger Frost Production Arts Building.
Then join the Lyric as we delve into one of recent history’s compelling figures, Steve Jobs in a new Opera by composer Mason Bates and librettist Mark Campbell, The (R)evolution of Steve Jobs . This adventurous one-act Opera will bring to life a personality that has arguably had one of the most significant impacts on the personal and professional lives of everyone in the last twenty years. The 2021-22 season ends with Tosca, Puccini’s timeless masterpiece of jealousy, love, and revenge.
GIVE THE GIFT OF OPERA!
LOOKING FOR THE PERFECT GIFT? A LYRIC OPERA GIFT CERTIFICATE IS THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING!
Gift certificates are currently not available for purchase on our website, so please call Ticketing & Patron Services at (816) 471-7344. A gift certificate can be emailed directly to you or to the recipient!
Lyric Opera gift certificates are only redeemable towards single ticket, digital content and subscription purchases made through the Lyric Opera of Kansas City website, box office counter or phone line. They are not available for use towards tickets sold through the Kauffman Center.
Past Seasons and Performances
- West Side Story, September 22 – September 30, 2018
- Madama Butterfly, November 3 – November 11, 2018
- Cosí fan tutte, March 16-24, 2019
- The Pearl Fishers, April 27 – May 5, 2019
- High Fidelity Opera, November 17, 2018
- Cabaret: Mack the Knife is the Man I Love, February 9, 2019
- Penelope, March 30-31, 2019
Main Stage Season:
- Eugene Onegin, September 30 – October 8, 2017
- Everest, November 11 – 19, 2017
- Rigoletto, March 3 – 11, 2018
- The Barber of Seville, April 28; May 2, 4, and 6, 2018
- Meet the Resident Artists, September 24, 2017
- Arias and Barcarolles | The Bernstein Songbook, October 14, 2017
- As One, January 27-28, 2018
- American Voices, March 24, 2018
Main Stage Season:
- Hansel and Gretel, September 17 – 25, 2016
- The Marriage of Figaro, November 5 – 13, 2016
- Dead Man Walking, March 4 – 12, 2017
- The Pirates of Penzance, April 22 – 30, 2017
- Meet the Resident Artists, September 11, 2016
- Schubert | Beatles, October 1, 2016
- The Juliet Letters, January 28 and 29, 2017
- American Voices, March 19, 2017