Tickets on sale now!
The Explorations Series
Cabaret: In the Mood for Love
February 1, 2020 | 7:30 PM
Michael & Ginger Frost Production Arts Building (712 E 18th St)
Back by popular demand: our Resident and Apprentice Artists celebrate the many moods of love with music of Cole Porter, Richard Rodgers, Jerome Kern, Meredith Willson, Duke Ellington, and more. Mark Markham returns as arranger/pianist, and Fenlon Lamb returns to direct an all-new, intimate evening of Cabaret.
Lucia di Lammermoor
March 7, 11, 13, and 15, 2020
Come for the wedding. Stay for the funeral.
Despite ominous premonitions, young Lucia stokes the fire of a forbidden love with her brother’s greatest enemy. But with her one-wealthy family balanced on the brink of bankruptcy, she is forced to do her familial duty and marry the head of a rival family. Convinced by her ambitious brother that her true love has been unfaithful, she signs the marriage contract. When her former flame finds out, he flips out. And that’s when the wedding cake hits the fan.
With tragedy rivaling Romeo and Juliet, and violence reminiscent of Psycho, a day that began with a wedding march now ends with a funeral procession. And a little club soda will NOT get this out.
April 25, 29, May 1, and 3, 2020
Dad hasn’t been himself lately, or literally.
Deep in the shadows of the Colorado Rockies, nestled between the middle of nowhere and miles from where anyone can hear you scream, waits the Overlook Hotel. For its new caretakers, the Torrance family, the only thing more unnerving than their profound seclusion is the realization that they are not the hotel’s only guests.
The young son with a sixth sense endures this house of horrors as his father faces demons – past and present, real and remembered – that ultimately turn him into a monster. What started as a desperate search for financial (and marital) sanctuary, spirals into a terrifying struggle for sanity and survival.
With music as haunting as the story is tragic, only through opera does The Shining discover more frightening and fulfilling depths than ever before.
Past Seasons and Performances
- West Side Story, September 22 – September 30, 2018
- Madama Butterfly, November 3 – November 11, 2018
- Cosí fan tutte, March 16-24, 2019
- The Pearl Fishers, April 27 – May 5, 2019
- High Fidelity Opera, November 17, 2018
- Cabaret: Mack the Knife is the Man I Love, February 9, 2019
- Penelope, March 30-31, 2019
Main Stage Season:
- Eugene Onegin, September 30 – October 8, 2017
- Everest, November 11 – 19, 2017
- Rigoletto, March 3 – 11, 2018
- The Barber of Seville, April 28; May 2, 4, and 6, 2018
- Meet the Resident Artists, September 24, 2017
- Arias and Barcarolles | The Bernstein Songbook, October 14, 2017
- As One, January 27-28, 2018
- American Voices, March 24, 2018
Main Stage Season:
- Hansel and Gretel, September 17 – 25, 2016
- The Marriage of Figaro, November 5 – 13, 2016
- Dead Man Walking, March 4 – 12, 2017
- The Pirates of Penzance, April 22 – 30, 2017
- Meet the Resident Artists, September 11, 2016
- Schubert | Beatles, October 1, 2016
- The Juliet Letters, January 28 and 29, 2017
- American Voices, March 19, 2017