Unlock the potential of opera!
Opera Unlocked is our new comprehensive and successive in-school education program launching in the 2022-2023 school year! Students in grades 3-12 and their teachers are invited to unlock the potential of opera through a variety of interactive programs deliverable in-person at your school. Click on the links below for more information and to register.
- Sketchbook for Ollie (Grades 3-5)— our newly-commissioned touring opera
- Narrative Storytelling Workshop (Grades 6-8)— an interactive experience exploring Baroque opera
- Opera A La Carte (Grades 9-12)— masterclasses, careers in the arts, and more
- Residency Courses (Grades 9-12)— customizable to school needs and varying timelines
Other options to engage with Lyric Opera include:
- Student Dress Rehearsals (Grades 5-12)— attend final dress rehearsals of our mainstage performances at the Kauffman Center
- School Shows (Grades 5-12)— attend dedicated weekday daytime showings of Amahl and the Night Visitors
We are booking for the 2022-2023 school year now! Click here for a full menu of educational options. Contact Neal Long, Director of Education and Community Engagement, at email@example.com or 816-802-6054 if you have any questions or for more information.
Why? Lyric Opera is proud to offer a robust menu of educational and performances options for families, students, and teachers in an effort to increase societal artistic literacy. The Artistic Literacy institute defines artistic literacy as, “The ability to connect both personally and meaningfully to works of art and, through this process, to forge connections to our humanity and the humanity of others.” If we can move the needle of artistic literacy forward just a bit, we will have made a better Kansas City.