Unlock the Power of Opera!
Students in grades PK-12 and their teachers are invited to unlock the potential of opera through a variety of interactive programs deliverable either in-person or virtually. Available programs include the following:
- Lyric Preludes— a preview and live performance of one our season productions (grades PK-12)
- Opera Sleuths— conduct an in-depth investigation into the operatic artform (grades 5-12)
- Opera 101— an interactive session to answer the question, “What is opera!?” (grades PK-5)
- Opera As You Wish— work with Lyric Opera of Kansas City to build a custom experience designed for your classroom (grades PK-12)
- Residencies— multi-day residencies to dig a bit deeper into the world of opera are available (grades PK-12)
- Masterclasses— our resident artists are available to work with your students on solo repertoire in preparation for festivals, auditions, and more (grades 9-12)
Programs are available to book for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022. Contact Neal Long, Manager of Education and Community Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-802-6054 if you have any questions or for more information.
Your school, virtually, or other location as determined.
Health and Safety
We look forward to welcoming audiences while keeping the health and safety of guests a top priority. We pledge to follow public health guidance, comply with protocols at your school, and stay in communication with audiences as circumstances evolve.
Cost varies depending on programming. Contact Neal Long, Manager of Education and Community Engagement, at email@example.com or 816-802-6054 for more information.