As the premier performing arts institution in Kansas City, Lyric Opera strives to hire the best in the field. That is, individuals with a great work ethic, sound values, and a drive for excellence. Our employees are passionate believers in the power of art to impact community, and the importance of opera in the artistic cultural ecosystem.
Lyric Opera of Kansas City is a Company that celebrates diversity, and continually strives to foster a positive, flexible, engaging work environment; a place where building relationships and empowering colleagues is encouraged.
Full time, part-time, intern and volunteer opportunities will be listed below; click the title for details. If you don’t see a job opportunity for your specialty, you can still submit your resume for consideration. Submit all inquiries for opportunities at the Lyric Opera by email or mail. No calls please.
- Email: HR@kcopera.org
- Mail: Lyric Opera of Kansas City, Attn: Human Resources, 1725 Holmes St. Kansas City, MO 64108
Lyric Opera of Kansas City seeks a diverse talent pool affording equal opportunity to all candidates without regard to race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Human Resources Director
Job Summary: The Human Resources Director is responsible for the daily human resources function of the Company and works closely with the CFO in these endeavors. These areas include employee recruitment and orientation, compensation, payroll and benefits administration, employee relations, labor law compliance, company policy creation and administration, and worker’s compensation insurance processes. This position works with the Technical Director regarding workplace safety. During times of public health or other crises, works with the CFO and other members of the team to respond to issues and create health and safety policies and procedures as needed.
Accomplish the objectives of Lyric Opera of Kansas City and the Finance and Administration Department:
· Support the Company’s mission to make Lyric Opera of Kansas City indispensable to the public through transformational opera experiences and broad service which captures the hearts and minds of our communities.
· Manage the Company’s human resources function, including recruitment, orientation, employment issues, benefits selection/administration, policies and procedures, payroll administration, and labor union reporting requirements.
· Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
· Strive to create a culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
· Maintain and present a positive attitude with public, donors and staff.
· Maintain utmost confidentiality of employment records and information.
Lyric Opera of Kansas City seeks a diverse talent pool affording equal opportunity to all candidates without regard to race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to HR@kcopera.org. Please type “Human Resources Director” in the subject line. Lyric Opera of Kansas City offers competitive compensation with a rich, varied benefits package. Qualified candidates must pass a background screening. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the successful candidate has been selected. NO CALLS please.
About the Position: The Lighting Supervisor works with the Technical Director and Lighting Designer to implement the lighting needs for each production.
- Working with the Lighting Designer to make sure the Light plot works within our space, producing paperwork needed for pre-work, hang, focus and running the show, working within a budget and attending meetings and rehearsals as necessary.
- Maintaining current LOKC lighting inventory and archiving the show after it closes.
- The Lighting Supervisor should be skilled at maintaining a budget, VectorWorks or AutoCAD, electrical components, New theatrical lighting gear, proper safety practices, rigging techniques and managing of a small crew.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree or 3 years’ experience working in a professional theatrical lighting atmosphere required. Communication skills and ability to work with designers and Union crew required.
Mainstage season runs from Mid-October to beginning of May. Compensation This is a contract position. Compensation will be a fee, based on scope of each show.
Lyric Opera of Kansas City seeks a diverse talent pool affording equal opportunity to all candidates without regard to race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to HR@kcopera.org. Please type “Lighting Supervisor” in the subject line.