As the premier performing arts institution in Kansas City, the Lyric Opera strives to hire the best in the field. That is, individuals with a great work ethic, sound values, and a drive for excellence. Our employees are passionate believers in the power of art to impact community, and the importance of opera in the artistic cultural ecosystem.
Lyric Opera of Kansas City is a Company that celebrates diversity, and continually strives to foster a positive, flexible, engaging work environment; a place where building relationships and empowering colleagues is encouraged.
Full time, part-time, intern and volunteer opportunities will be listed below, click the title for details. If you don’t see a job opportunity for your specialty, you can still submit your resume for consideration. Submit all inquiries for opportunities at the Lyric Opera by email or mail. No calls please.
- Email: HR@kcopera.org
- Mail: Lyric Opera of Kansas City, Attn: Human Resources, 1725 Holmes St., Kansas City, MO 64108
The Lyric Opera is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Marketing Communications Manager
Lyric Opera of Kansas City seeks a poised and professional candidate with at least three to five years of experience in nonprofit marketing, including substantive social media campaigns and website management. The Marketing Communications Manager is a key member of the Marketing and Communications team and plays a key role in the management of the Lyric Opera brand.
This individual works closely with the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Marketing Operations Manager, the Senior Manager of Ticketing and Patron Services and the Individual Giving Director, as well as with internal and external partners to achieve the Company’s patron growth, acquisition, and retention goals.
Key elements of this position include:
· Marketing Communications Program Management
· Interactive Media Management
· Graphic Design, Production and Brand Management
· Database Operations
· Special Projects as required
Core Competencies Requirements:
· Demonstrated ability to manage a high volume of deadline-driven projects.
· Excellent verbal/written communication and project management skills.
· Ability to collaborate with staff, professional colleagues, and supporters.
· Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (including InDesign and Photoshop).
· Proficiency in email marketing platforms such as MailChimp, Wordfly, and Mail 2.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point) and WordPress.
· Proficiency in Tessitura preferred.
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, arts admin, communications, advertising, graphic design, or related field.
· Three to five years of experience in nonprofit marketing, including substantive social media campaigns and website management.
Physical Demands: A portion of the work is of a sedentary nature, but filing and other duties are required. This will require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
Lyric Opera of Kansas City offers competitive compensation with a rich, varied benefits package.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to HR@kcopera.org. Please type “Marketing Communications Manager” in the subject line. Candidate must pass a background screening. Lyric Opera of Kansas City, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NO CALLS please.